This position is responsible for managing all activities related to the successful delivery of medium Public Infrastructure projects from Award to Completion.
The successful candidate can deliver projects on time and within budget
Areas of responsibility include:
- Management of the project buyout process including review of subcontractor and supplier scope to ensure specification compliance, maximize cost savings and deliver quality.
- Preparing and Managing Submittals, RFI’s, coordination drawings and schedule.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are adhered to.
- Oversight of the construction team to ensure timely completion of assignments, budget compliance and adherence to construction and quality standards.
- Ensuring efficiency through the monitoring of the critical path and utilization of alternate procurement and delivery methods.
- Providing monthly reports to management regarding the status of projects and issues affecting project performance.
- Maintaining client and engineer relationships.
- Strong project management skills (planning, executing, monitoring and closing).
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership skills utilizing teamwork whenever possible.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical expertise on construction issues.
- Computer skills (MS Project, Excel, Word, Sage, MS Outlook, AutoCad, Sage Timberline).
- Financial skills, including budget management, assessment of project opportunities and basic accounting knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, construction management. (Related experience will be considered in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing public infrastructure projects.
- 401K with Company match
- Sick and Vacation Time
Job Type: Full-time
Coppola Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer